Over the past 10 years, I have worked as an editor for numerous students and scholars of art history, artists, and non-profit organizations. I have experience in all aspects of the writing, editing, and design process for scholarly books and articles, as well as exhibition catalogues, artist interviews, publications for general audiences, and related marketing materials.
In 2016, I received my PhD in art history with a specialization in German and U.S. Conceptual and Performance Art. However, my clients come from a variety of geographic locations and fields of interest. My recent projects have included conference papers, journal articles, and books on topics as diverse as Korean ceramics, Dutch Brutalism, and early twentieth-century graphic design.
My professional career has been based on connecting artists and specialist authors with their audience; hence, my goal is to make your text as clear and fluid as possible in U.S.-American English. Send me an email using the Contact page to get a quote.
**NOTE: During AY 2018/19 I am taking a hiatus from freelance editing to focus on my own research and writing. I will only be taking on limited one-off projects (such as articles) during this time.**
– Substantive editing and rewriting
– ESL and translation editing (from French and German to English)
– Translation (from French or German to English)
– Research assistance
– Chicago, Turabian, and AP Style Formatting
Experience in the following areas:
– Scholarly books and articles
– Dissertations and theses
– Exhibition catalogues
– Catalogues raisonnés
– Marketing materials
– Museum didactics
– Press releases
– Professional materials such as CVs and bibliographies
– Artists’ marketing material and publications (e.g., books, statements and descriptions of work, project proposals, Websites)
– General art history (esp. modern and contemporary art, public art, and socially engaged art)
– American art
– German art
– Interdisciplinary (including political science, history, and sciences)
Note: My rates comply with the Editorial Freelancers Association list. I believe in fair and equal compensation.
New clients please click here for Terms & Conditions.